Kaya 959 reporter
He may have clapped back at a Kaya Drive caller who labelled him a “flip-flopper” and denied changing his tune on matters but the timelines of South Africans don’t lie. What they do show is a breadcrumb trail that CIC of the EFF, Julius Malema has left behind where he flip-flopped on matters he had previously advocated for.
Earlier this week, Malema joined Sizwe Dhlomo in-studio for an interview that caused quite the stir.
From his declaration that he has a closer relationship to Cyril Ramaphosa than he ever did with Jacob Zuma to his unfiltered response about the late journalist Karima Brown, Malema did not disappoint.
Let’s take a look at the times Julius “Flip-Flopper” Malema changed his mind:
- Despite saying he’s closer to Cyril than Zuma, he did stop by at Nkandla for a spot of tea with JZ.
- Still with his stance on Zuma, Malema initially was strongly for Jacob Zuma going to jail but has since said there’s no need for an 80-year old to sit in prison. He’s old there’s no need for him to be in a correction facility, he can serve his 15-months at home, under house arrest.
- He may claim he’s close to Cyril but he is highly critical of the president and called him a flip-flopper himself for first saying the protests and looting in KZN was a result of an ethnic problem and then later saying it wasn’t. Pot calling the kettle a flip-flopper!
- What was it they said about keeping your enemies close? He may claim he can’t stand the DA but remember that time he formed that coalition with the DA to win over the metros?
- Remember that time Malema supported the president’s call to move the country to a hard level 5 lockdown in March 2020? How about calling for Cyril to return the country to level 5 in June because, “No amount of social distancing, wearing masks [or] sanitisation will help reduce the rise in infections and death. The only strategy that will help is staying at home,” said the EFF. Only for Malema and the red berets to threaten to defy lockdown regulations in June this year.
These were just a few moments Malema flip-flopped, share the times he changed his tune that we may have forgotten to include here.
— Xavier Bapoo (@JustXavierB) July 22, 2021
Flip flops, i will die for zuma,zuma must go tojail, Zuma arrst is wrong flip flop cartoon i refer him as cartoon
— Gblock (@Gblock20780243) July 20, 2021