By Poelano Malema
Tuesday, 9 February, marks National Pizza Day. Celebrate the day by learning how to make a quick, delicious pizza in a mug.
What makes pizza so divine is that you can top it with just about anything you like.
Pizza can also be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even as a dessert, depending on what you top it with.
It is also super easy to make at home, as long as you have the right ingredients.
The below recipe, courtesy of Spice Bangla vlogger, shows how you can make pizza in a minute.
What is great is that you don’t even require a lot of utensils or an oven! Simply put all the ingredients in a cup and cook in the microwave for a few seconds.
4 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
1/8 Tsp Baking Powder
1/16 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Pinch Salt
3 Tablespoons Milk
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Pizza Sauce
2 Tbsp Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Little Red Chili Pepper (Topping)
Little Black Olive (Topping)
1/4 Tsp Dried Oregano
– Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a small microwavable mug.
– Add in the milk and oil, and mix again until well combined.
– Add a tablespoon of the pizza sauce and spread it around the surface of the batter.
– Add in the cheese, pepper, olives, and sprinkle with oregano or any topping of your choice.
– Microwave for one minute or until it rises and the toppings are bubbling.
– Take the pizza out of the microwave oven and enjoy your hot pizza.
Check how to make pizza in a cup in the below video.