By Motlagae Konyana
This morning on SISHAY’ I-ROUND with Kgomotso Meso, Thomas and Skhumba sent her on the street, eKasi to explore the best of Vaal in the South of Johannesburg. Being on the streets of Vaal, we learnt so much more about the Vaal and how it is regarded as the fashion hub of the Kasi Haute couture.
Kgomotso Meso spoke to the popular and stylish Vaal, Bosso Milano in the streets of Sebokeng, he shares his love for the Vaal and explains outfits should not be repeated, and how he has been doing the famous walk since 2016.
- Vaalians have their own flag and regard the Vaal as a country on its own
- When you in the Vaal – the language is different from words like Danko (Thank You), Ke tafole efeng? (What is going on, what is happening?).
- They believe Vaal is the fashion hub of Kasi Couture; Beke le Beke means that one would not repeat an outfit.
- 18 Hours eMoyeni is Vaal’s own calculated time it would take for a trip for a shopping spree in Italy.
- VaalTwitter celebrates a twitterversary on the 4th of May – this is the day that Vaal took over Twitter.
-18 hours emoyeni.
Bosso ya diBosso.
A video thread😂 pic.twitter.com/CfwRtG8We0
— Khathide_🇮🇹 (@_Mbuso_K) April 12, 2021