By: Kaya 959 News
Imagine ordering a pizza from your favourite family restaurant and as you are about to dig in, you stumble across a weird-looking object in your food?
This is what happened to Heideveld pizza lover, Zain Moos, who found bits and pieces of a surgical glove in his pizza. After this, Moos vowed that despite being a customer at the popular eatery for over a decade, he and his family will not be ordering from them again, any time soon.
He said the ‘loaded’ pizza made them feel sick and his daughter vomited.
He had bought the pizza from Pizza Time in Gatesville, Cape Town, last week and found the latex bits.
Moos told reporters that he bought the pizza, topped with steak, chicken and pineapple and when he sat down to eat, his daughter noticed something odd when she took a bite.
“She saw it was a piece of a glove. She felt sick because she did not know where it came from or how it got there or even who had been wearing it and she threw up,” he said.
Moos said they called the eatery and the person who took the call laughed at his story – which made him more angry.
“I told him it was not a laughing matter and wanted to speak to the manager to sort it out. The next day I took the pizza back to them and demanded to speak to the manager,” Moos said.
He said the shop refused to give him the manager’s contact details and he was given back his money.
Moos, who said he was a loyal customer of the eatery for well over 15 years, will never order from Pizza Time again.
A manager at the eatery, said she was aware of the incident and added that they have since apologised and reimbursed Moos.
A decade ago, a 67-year-old man died after ingesting a glove at the Waterford Nursing Home in Ireland.
Image courtesy of: Pixabay