Have you checked in with your partner recently. Do you know how well you are doing?
When it comes to a happy and strong relationship, you have to do the things that matter in cultivating a good bond where you and your partner can look towards a promising future.
Kaya Drive with Sizwe asked Kaya 959 listeners to share how strong they see their relationship to be on a scale of 1 to 10.
Important questions to ask to see how strong your relationship is
Ask yourself and your partner these essential questions from time to time:
- Is there mutual respect in your relationship, where you are both comfortable to be yourselves?
- Do you keep your feelings a secret from your partner?
- Are you sincerely happy for each other’s success and treat achievements as celebrations?
- Are both of you interested in conflict resolution and care about each other’s point of view?
- Do you take care of each other, act together, and both take responsibility for your actions and mistakes?
3 tips for getting your relationship to be strong again
Practice acceptance and appreciation
This is a great way to make your partner feel loved. The key to every relationship is to see your partner as a flower and allowing the flower and allow it to grow the way it is meant to. Create the right climate for it to blossom, do not try to change how the flower grows.
Be there for both ups and downs
Recognize that any strong relationship has ups and downs. You can’t claim to be satisfied all of the time, and you shouldn’t expect your relationship to be at an all-time high.
Give your partner space
In human relationships: we want closeness, but we also want space. Make sure you know when it’s time to take a step back. The strength of any relationship is finding the right balance.