If you want to see who you’ll be in a couple of years with your career, you can get a sneak peek by looking at your older colleagues.
Besides growing grey hair (kidding! ), having an older colleague can benefit you. The vast experience that they can share with you. However, some of the older colleagues can really be difficult to work with because of the generational gap.
Here are some of the most annoying
- They are policing what you are wearing, even though you are adhering to company policy.
- The older colleague can Call you ‘nana’ undermining you. You will always be the child.
- The older colleagues are unable to grasp the colloquial vocabulary used by their younger peers.
- The older colleagues are always trapped in their ways and cannot adapt to the modern ways of doing things.
- When you express your annoyance with being tired, the older colleague would always say. You’re still young, and you can do it.
- They don’t understand the technology.
Here it is! Let’s talk about your favourite older colleagues. #ThomasAndSkhumba
☎️ 086 0000 959 pic.twitter.com/uMK41dpg0s
— Kaya 959 (@KayaON959) May 12, 2021