By: Kaya 959 News
An Eastern Cape couple accused of forcing a boy to eat his own faeces is expected to apply for bail in the Queenstown Magistrates Court next week.
Asanda Mkoko and Ayabulela Yolanda Buso of Komani in Queenstown were arrested earlier this month.
National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson in the Eastern Cape, Anelisa Ngcakani, said on June 5, the boy had been playing with his friends when he needed to use the toilet.
“He allegedly then relieved himself at the gate of the couple’s home. It is alleged that while he was busy relieving himself the couple approached him and assaulted him with a broom,” she said.
Despite the child apologising, Mkoko and Buso told him they would not accept his apology unless he ate his faeces.
Ngcakani said the couple allegedly then forced the boy to eat it and released him afterwards.
“The boy went and reported what happened to members of the community who in turn reported the matter to the police. Mkoko and Buso were arrested on Monday,” she said.
They are due back in court next week.
Image courtesy of Pexels/ @Sora Shimazaki