By Kaya 959 Reporter
If you were approved to receive your R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, you can do so via Pick n Pay or Boxer stores from Wednesday.
The South African Post Office announced that SRD grant collection will take place at any one of the PnP or Boxer stores nationwide.
“Only grant recipients who have received an SMS from SASSA confirming their collection pay-out point as either Pick n Pay or Boxer can use the new collections points,” SAPO said.
Omnichannel, Pick n Pay Retail Executive, John Bradshaw, said the system will also relieve pressure on post offices.
“Pick n Pay and Boxer are proud to assist grant beneficiaries access their funds more conveniently and safely, ensuring they receive much-needed relief quicker than before,” Bradshaw said.
Step-by-step process to collecting the SRD grant from Pick n Pay or Boxer:
1. The grant applicant receives an SMS from SASSA confirming their successful application.
2. A grant beneficiary will receive an SMS message from SASSA confirming collection point and advising on the day of collection.
3. Beneficiary must take their ID and physical cell phone (number registered at SASSA) along to the store when collecting their grant.
4. Enter ID number and the registered SASSA cell phone number at the till point to confirm the funds are available for collection.
5. Beneficiary immediately receives a USSD message to which they must approve on their cell phone before the cash is handed over.
Beneficiaries will never be asked to enter personal information on their cell phones or to click on a link.
Pick n Pay and Boxer do not manage the application and approval of grant funds, or when and where collections can be made. This process is run entirely by Postbank.
Pick n Pay collection points exclude BP Pick n Pay Express, Pick n Pay Clothing and Pick n Pay Liquor stores.
During the previous payment period of SRD grants, around 5 million South Africans received the grant each month.