This morning on the #KayaBreakfast tech feature, the team spoke to Ernest Majenge, a 29-year-old accountant who passionately solves accessibility for differently-abled people.
Ernest was in a challenging incubation program when he came up with the idea to create a wheelchair that pavements and stairs would not restrict.
This birthed Ernest’s passion project, “911 The Wheelchair Doctor,” and he designed and developed the first wheelchair that can easily take on stairs.
The Founder and CEO of 911 The Wheelchair Doctor and Manufacturing holds a B. Tech in Internal Auditing from Nelson Mandela University and a National Diploma in Accountancy from UJ.
He has 100% ownership of 911 Wheelchair Doctor, and the company is 100% black-owned.
The wheelchair Doctor has won the following awards:
• TMC Y-Beca entrepreneurship program by IDC best idea 2018
• Ekurhuleni youth summit Lions roar pitching Competition 20019
• 100 Ekurhuleni Shining Stars2019(Business categories) 2019
• 100 South Africa Shining stars 2019 run-up
• 2020 SA Innovation summit inventors garage
• 2019 Kingdom Business Network History Maker 2018